About The Cambridge Massage Company
The Cambridge Massage Company is headed by Sophie Whiffen MICHT, IIHHT, VTCT, ATL, who started her career in massage 14 years ago.
After discovering the emotional and physical benefits of massage while travelling through Indonesia aged 20, she returned to the UK to train as a therapist. After graduating, Sophie specialised in fertility and pregnancy treatments, working in various clinics in Cambridge and Chelsea, the healing fields of some of the UK’s best music festivals, as well as blue chip companies in the city.
After becoming a mother herself in 2009 and seeing the effects of chronic stress and ill-health due to sedentary work and modern-day living, she realised there needed to be a way for people to reap the benefits of massage in a more mainstream way.
Understanding that everyone is unique to their schedules, whether that’s work, motherhood or other commitments, The Cambridge Massage Company was born, bringing a luxury massage service to the workplace and home, as well as their city-centre clinic.
Sophie is a sought after therapist who’s professionalism and client discretion is paramount. Her client base includes A-list celebrities and royalty.
Meet the team…
Sophie Whiffen – Founder & Complementary Therapist
Sophie has 14 years hands on and teaching experience, specialising in fertility and pregnancy treatments.
She has a real passion for her work and loves nothing more than leaving clients relaxed and feeling a lot lighter!
- VTCT Swedish Massage
- VTCT Aromatherapy
- VTCT Indian Head Massage
- VTCT Reflexology
- Diploma Anatomy + Physiology
- Diploma Pregnancy Massage
- Diploma Maternity Reflexology
- Diploma Reflexology for Fertility
- Diploma Aromatherapy in Pregnancy
- Certificate Hopi Ear Candling
- Certificate Lomi Lomi Massage
- Level II Reiki
Tina Clark – Head of Corporate bookings & Massage Therapist
Tina is an experienced Health Trainer, specialising in nutrition and massage.
Coming from a background in personal training, Tina branched out to massage to help get to the root cause of client’s stress and pain.
Tina is highly qualified and is a skilled therapist, gaining amazing feedback from her clients!
- Aromatherapy Massage Diploma
- Spa Body Massage Diploma
- Indian Head Massage Diploma
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement
- Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
- Kettlebell Instructor Training
- Diet Specialist – Online Nutrition Training Course (AfN Certified)
- Mental Health First Aid
- FAA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
- Falls Prevention Service – Strength & Balance and Chair Based Exercise
- NHS Health Checks Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Wellbeing