about the cambridge massage company
The Cambridge Massage Company is headed by Sophie Whiffen MICHT, IIHHT, VTCT, ATL, who started her career in massage 14 years ago.
After discovering the emotional and physical benefits of massage while travelling through Indonesia aged 20, she returned to the UK to train as a therapist. After graduating, Sophie specialised in fertility and pregnancy treatments, working in various clinics in Cambridge and Chelsea, the healing fields of some of the UK’s best music festivals, as well as blue chip companies in the city.
After becoming a mother herself in 2009 and seeing the effects of chronic stress and ill-health due to sedentary work and modern-day living, she realised there needed to be a way for people to reap the benefits of massage in a more mainstream way.
Understanding that everyone is unique to their schedules, whether that’s work, motherhood or other commitments, The Cambridge Massage Company was born, bringing a luxury massage service to the workplace and home, as well as their city-centre studio.
Sophie is a sought after therapist who’s professionalism and client discretion is paramount. Her client base includes A-list celebrities and royalty.
Founder & Complementary Therapist
Sophie has 14 years hands on and teaching experience, specialising in fertility and pregnancy treatments.
She has a real passion for her work and loves nothing more than leaving clients relaxed and feeling a lot lighter!
- VTCT Swedish Massage
- VTCT Aromatherapy
- VTCT Indian Head Massage
- VTCT Reflexology
- Diploma Anatomy + Physiology
- Diploma Pregnancy Massage
- Diploma Maternity Reflexology
- Diploma Reflexology for Fertility
- Diploma Aromatherapy in Pregnancy
- Certificate Hopi Ear Candling
- Certificate Lomi Lomi Massage
- Diploma Crystal Therapy
- Level II Reiki
Coming from a health trainer background, Tina understands the direct correlation between mental and physical health.
Tina trained as a massage therapist with the hope of helping people feel good mentally, and gain insight into the root cause of stress and anxiety.
- Aromatherapy Massage Diploma
- Indian Head Massage Diploma
- Spa Body Massage Diploma (Swedish Massage)
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement
- Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing + Personal Training
- Kettleball Instructor Training
- AfN Certified Diet Specialist
- Life Coaching Diploma