Aromatherapy Massage In Cambridge
Aromatherapy Massage is a therapeutic massage, which addresses particular health and wellness ailments such as stress, anxiety, insomnia and chronic pain.
After your consultation, a blend of organic essential oils will be mixed with a carrier oil and massaged in to your body.
The oils work in two ways –
1. They enter the bloodstream via the skin, reacting with the body in a therapeutic way.
2. The aroma from the essential oil stimulates the limbic system through the nose. The limbic system is concerned with memories and emotions and can be deeply soothing (that’s how we get transported back to childhood when we come across certain smells!)
Every oil has different therapeutic uses, and selecting the right oil for its use, as well as its fragrance, is something we are fully trained in.
Aromatherapy Massage focuses on –
Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- boosts circulation
- promotes better sleep
- aids relaxation
- relieves anxiety
- helps alleviate depression
- relieves muscular tension
- decreases cortisol in the body
- stimulates lympathic drainage
- helps remove toxins
Aromatherapy Massage should be avoided if –
- you are pregnant (please book in for a pregnancy massage instead)
- are going through cancer treatment, have an infection, have had recent surgery, cellulitis, thrombosis or acute allergies
I love my weekly Aromtherapy sessions with Sophie in Cambridge. Each week she tailors the blend, depending on my emotions and cycle.
It really is pure bliss!