Hot Stone Massage In Cambridge
Hot Stone Massage is a deeply relaxing and therapeutic style of massage. Using heated basalt stones, the warmth quickly penetrates tight and weary muscles, aiding them to relax.
Not only will warm stones be placed along your chakras, but different basalt stones will be used to massage the muscles. As an extension of the hand, they can add pressure to areas which are difficult to access.
If appropriate, an addition of cold marble stones can be used – the change from hot to cold is very beneficial to stimulated fresh blood to the muscles and boosts the immune system.
A 60 minute Hot Stone Massage appointment will cover the arms, hands, legs, feet as well as the back, neck and shoulders. A 90 minute Hot Stone Massage appointment allows a longer time on a specific area as well as the face (if you wish.)
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- boosts circulation
- promotes better sleep
- aids relaxation
- relieves anxiety
- helps alleviate depression
- relieves muscular tension
- decreases cortisol in the body
- stimulates lympathic drainage
- helps remove toxins
Hot stone Massage should be avoided if –
- you are pregnant (please book in for a pregnancy massage instead)
- are going through cancer treatment, have an infection, have had recent surgery, cellulitis, thrombosis or acute allergies
I am now a hot stone massage convert! I particularly enjoyed the change from the hot to the cold stones, which made my muscles relax and feel stimulated. A feeling I didn’t know existed!