Indian Head Massage In Cambridge
Indian Head Massage (also known as Champissage) is an Ayurvedic massage, practiced for over 4000 years.
Using organic oils, pressure points in the face, scalp, neck and shoulders are stimulated, promoting relaxation and stress relief. The areas are then massaged, increasing blood flow to the area, using techniques such as kneading, gentle pulling, tapotement and friction.
The massage can be carried out either sat upright fully clothed, or laying down with the upper back and shoulders uncovered.
Indian Head Massage focuses on –
- upper arms
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- boosts circulation to the scalp, helping with hair loss
- relieves anxiety & mental tiredness
- helps alleviate depression
- helps clear sinus congestion
- relieves muscular tension
- decreases cortisol in the body
- relieves eye strain, headaches & migraines
Indian Head Massage should be avoided if –
- you are pregnant (please book in for a pregnancy massage instead)
- are going through cancer treatment, have an infection, have had recent surgery, cellulitis, thrombosis or acute allergies
Indian Head Massage leaves me feeling floaty and wonderful! I love the way the pressure is adapted to where I’m feeling tense. Perfect every time.