Pregnancy Reflexology In Cambridge
Pregnancy Reflexology is a gentle treatment given to the feet and lower legs. Treating the body holistically (the body, mind and spirit unified) it encourages the body and mind to rebalance to its natural state of homeostasis.
Working on areas of the feet which correspond to the physiological framework of the body, these are stimulated by applying pressure by the fingers and thumbs. This is done using techniques such as massage, friction and stimulating pressure points.
Reflexology is very effective at preparing the body for birth and inducing labour (if in the last stages of pregnancy) and is a deeply relaxing treatment which will leave you feeling rested and recharged.
Benefits of Reflexology During Pregnancy
- boosts circulation to you & your baby
- relieves anxiety
- balances your hormones
- helps alleviate depression
- relieves muscular tension
- decreases swelling in the feet
- decreases cortisol in the body
- stimulates lympathic drainage
- removes toxins
- helps relieve digestive problems including constipation, indigestion & acid reflux
Maternity Reflexology should be avoided if –
- you are in your first trimester of pregnancy
- you have a high risk pregnancy or history of miscarriages
- are prone to blood clots
- are experiencing cramping or bleeding
- you have foot injuries or fractures
- are going through cancer treatment, have an infection, have had recent surgery, cellulitis, thrombosis or acute allergies
If in any doubt, please gain advice from your doctor or midwife
I had weekly Reflexology treatments throughout my second and third trimester.
I felt it really help to prepare my body for birth. My waters actually broke the evening after my last appointment!
Sophie is simply wonderful and I would recommend her to everyone.