Reflexology In Cambridge
Dating back thousands of years to the Ancient Egyptians, Reflexology is a gentle treatment given to the feet and lower legs.
Treating the body holistically (the body, mind and spirit unified) it encourages the body and mind to rebalance to its natural state of equilibrium both physically and energetically.
Working on areas of the feet which correspond to the physiological framework of the body, these are stimulated by applying pressure by the fingers and thumbs. Massaging movements are used, as well as friction and stimulating pressure points.
It is a deeply relaxing treatment which will leave you feeling rested and recharged, and you are able to remain dressed throughout the treatment (just the removal of socks is needed.)
We are unable to diagnose, cure or prescribe, but we do work alongside medical practitioners to help alleviate symptoms.
Benefits of Reflexology
- boosts circulation
- helps to balance hormones
- relieves anxiety
- helps alleviate depression
- helps soothe digestive problems
- relieves muscular tension
- decreases cortisol in the body
- stimulates lympathic drainage
- helps to remove toxins
- promotes better sleep
Reflexology should be avoided if –
- you are in your first trimester of pregnancy
- are going through cancer treatment, have an infection, have had recent surgery, cellulitis, thrombosis or acute allergies
I have been having Reflexology sessions for the past few months to help with my insomnia.
I have felt so relaxed during and after the treatment, and have slept much better since we started.
I’d really recommend Sophie for her professional approach and deep knowledge of her art.